Monday, June 7, 2010

Celebrate Life

Did you have a restful weekend? We were blessed to get a lot of things done around our home. Chicken coop totally done {check}, landscaping almost done {check}, garden weeded {check}, and more. I was so thrilled to go support Relay For Life with a dear friend of mine who has been in remission for over a year now.

The "survivor walk" set off the evening, and I was thrilled and yet amazed to see little ones {under 2}, young adults, middle-agers, and elderly walking the track with their balloons held high as they were "celebrating life." It gave me a deep appreciation for people that go through such terrible trials and devastating situations. My friend was 20 when her cancer started. She lost her hair but held her head high as she went through chemo. She is now a curly-headed cutie that is walking cancer-free. Bubbly, full of life, and I love her dearly. So glad that I could be a part of this with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment