Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ornament Making

Last year we purchased some DIY ornaments from our Sunday School kids. They went perfect on the kids' tree and were fairly cheap, but the best part is that they have lasted this year as well! Almost every ornament was crafted and decorated by the kids, and they did lovely work. Carter was a little young to participate in that activity, but we did put a hand to making these ornaments. It's easy, fun, and perfect for your little tots.


If my memory doesn't fail me...
1c Apple-Sauce
1c Cinnamon
1T Elmer's Glue
The cookie-cutters were great, and we just used the end of a paint-brush stick to make the hole at the top. Of course, I strung the thread through - but this is going to be a wonderful add-on to gifts this year. The original idea came from my lovely past teaching assistant named Cindy. She always said this would be a perfect classroom, Christmas gift - I sure do miss Cindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment