Thursday, September 29, 2011

Designs on the brain

My days of watching Nate are almost over...no DVR in our home and I'm heading back to work on Monday. More about that later. However, I really love Nate's ideas on design. Look at this beautiful headboard project made with bamboo flooring -- who has bamboo lying around? Well, we do! I'm still in the process of deciding how I want to re-do our bedroom...but this could work.
Do you love the window treatments? I hear over and over to hang your window treatments as high as you can and let them go to the floor. I'm not a huge fan of this, I prefer to have higher ceilings :) But...if you can't get that, this tactic will work. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm also not done decorating our newly remodeled kitchen/living room area. I will cue you in if I choose to go this route. What do you think of it? Would you try it out?
And of course, the modular shelving. IKEA has a great stock of these, but if you are married to a good wood-worker or know one you could have them build some for you! We have some extra wood lying around and we plan on using it for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment