Friday, August 31, 2012

Hanging from the Heavens

It's Labor Day weekend! Who is ready for it? We have some campers at my house and I'm awfully worried about their trip being nothing but puddles and rain-boots. Fun, nonetheless. I was really excited when I found this cute post over at Oh Happy Day {you know she's one of my faves}. A very do-able weekend project for any crafty guy or gal. Hula-hoop and material is all you need!
Picture from Oh Happy Day This reminded me that I had not posted about some of the touches in Ella's new room. I'll give you some background first; Ella and Carter have shared a room since Ella was old enough to be put into a baby-bed. First we had a toddler bed and a crib. Then we remodeled before Cooper was born and moved them into the big room and Carter graduated to a twin-size bed. After Florida, we decided to put the boys together and give our sweet girl a room of her own with a brand new shabby-chic bed that screams sweet pea. I'll be giving you sneak-peeks of their rooms over the next few weeks. With all that being said, THIS is something that gave me inspiration for Ella {If you don't follow me on pinterest, you should}.
Very simple DIY found HERE. I might try the hula-hoop/fabric project this weekend for my kitchen. Every high ceiling should have something hanging from it. Crafty Lantern Materials include: Scrap Fabric (cut into circles) Hot-Glue Gun/Hot-Glue Paper Lanters (bought mine from a second hand store) Hook for the ceiling Thread/Fishing String

No comments:

Post a Comment