Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Goodnight stories

Babes are tucked in and I'm so worn out. School is a bit of a blur now-days as we are preparing for the state assessments as well as making sure all of the kids are learning by leaps and bounds. The Valentine's Day bash was so fun and insightful. Don't you adore seeing your kids interact with their friends? The potato stamps were fun and simple - I will use them again. As far as today, I'm going to fill you in on two stories that never get old around our house. The first one was one of my favorite books as a little girl, and my mom let Carter bring it home. I didn't know they still sold it! Published in 1966.
Charles cannot keep his mouth shut for anything. He swallows everything from baby powder to his mother's wooden spoon. Ella loves the pictures and Carter likes the story-line. Easy read and fun for kids. You can find it HERE.
Another favorite is Gerald the Giraffe. Carter used to read this book word-for-word when he was two and a half. We have let it sit on our shelf for awhile between readings, so he's not as good anymore but still loves to anticipate what is coming next. The text is rhyming and the illustrations are beautifully crafted with vibrant colors. Ella loves to point out all of the animals. Tonight we learned "baboon" instead of everything being a monkey. You can find this book HERE.
I am also heading over to Kohl's to pick up some Eric Carle books for $5 a piece. That is a total steal of a deal. Eric Carle is my all time favorite children's author. Carter also enlightened me with some stories about knights, princesses, kings, queens, and giants tonight...what an imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment