Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lunching

With Carter turning 3, I am starting to become more aware of what he's eating. I also fix breakfast, lunch, and dinner for him every day, so I have a lot of control over what he eats. He's the classic 3-year old; loves hot-dogs, spaghettios, pizza, chips, and anything junky! Doritos are his definite favorite. I've tried to start making healthier decisions for him regarding breakfast and lunch -- dinner is whatever the family is having, so it's almost always pretty healthy. Some munchies that he likes...
  • Cheese Roll-Ups (tortilla with shredded cheese, heated up)
  • Steamed Broccoli
  • Cheese and crackers
  • Peanut Butter on wheat bread
  • Kiwi slices (fun and green)
  • Grapes
  • Spaghettios (with calcium)
  • Popcorn
  • Nuts and Raisins

Don't get me wrong - we still have hot dogs, pizza, donuts, and other junk - just trying to make it a little more sporadic. We are not vegetarians {although, I admire those who are} and not health-fanatics. J is a red-meat, ice-cream lovin machine.

I saw this book and was intrigued. I really hope to pack Carter's lunches when he gets to be school-age. I've worked in multiple schools and the cafeteria food...well, not-so-healthy and definitely not the Dave Ramsey way. We'll see if little Ell is a picky eater or if she's pretty rounded like Carter Alan. Do you have any good lunch ideas? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment