Friday, July 8, 2011

Gearing up

How are you this Friday? We are retiring for the night from work at 8:52pm. My sweet husband has walled up our new bedroom addition, cut out walls for a closet and dug part of a trench outside.

I had to tell you our story about the lack of countertops. Last weekend, we decided to take a long awaited trip to IKEA {the location right outside of Cincinnati}. We had our eye on this for the longest time. Great reviews, beautiful in person, the right price...everything was in place. We went to check-out only to find out that they are entirely out of this type of countertop, all over the United States! The negative thing about IKEA is that you cannot order on the phone or via the internet. It was still a great trip, and we purchased some cool hardware for the kitchen; however, it was a let-down. I can't wait to return to get some cool new accessories for the house.



Doesn't he look dashing?



He's been woking so hard to get everything done for our "new" home. J is full of knowledge when it comes to electical, plumbing, design, and etc. I'm so glad he knows what he's doing; it's saved us tons of cash over the 6 years of our marriage. We are on a crazy-spin to get things wrapped up before baby comes. Carter and Ella are having to appease themselves more than ever, and they are doing a fantastic job with being patient with us. I just had to tell you how much I love him.

P.S. My new light fixture is everything I dreamed it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment