Saturday, December 31, 2011

12.31.2011

The new year is always something exciting to look forward to. It means change, old things put away, growing, new challenges and new victories! While my kids are napping, I have began to think about 2011. Wow. What a YEAR! I think I felt a little anxious at the start of the year, but it quickly faded because of an incredible amount of peace that entered my life. We started like this...
We had a wedding and celebrated new found love!
In August we wrapped up our crazy remodel that was stressful and rewarding all at the same time. The night before Cooper Thomas was born, we were (literally) mopping and making sure things were ready for him to come home with us :) Definitely a memory I will never forget.
Went from a family of 4 to a beautiful family of 5...such a wonderful blessing in our lives.
Then started a master's degree program. Still in the process, but definitely something my J is working hard at. Pictured here as he turned 3-0 this year and with his best buddy. I'm incredibly thankful for friends that are truly there for us when we need them. And while I'm on J, I will take a minute to reflect. We have been together for over 9 years now and married for 6 in which we have shared 3 beautiful babies. He is my rock, my calmer-downer, my stability. He helps me become a better person each day. He worked his tail off this year with our remodel, and it's so beautiful (I know, I haven't shared yet...it IS coming). I don't know what I would have done if I married a man that couldn't re-build me a kitchen :) He is a gift from God. Truly.
So, 2012 here we come! Are you going to make the best of it? So many things happen in a year, so I am embracing 2012 with big, open arms. For fun, take a look HERE for some cool house-tours of 2011 (I am still re-cooping my house from the remodel and cannot wait to visit IKEA in January), and this granola recipe is INSANELY good, and I can't forget about my secret to weight-loss success HERE. For those who are wondering, I'm about 3lbs from my pre-Cooper weight and have about 10 more that I am aiming to lose...feels SO great. Thank YOU for reading my blog and staying creatively intrigued in your life! May God richly bless you and your family...

No comments:

Post a Comment